If you have a tankless water heater then you know how important it is to properly clean and take care of your unit. Your neighborhood plumber is here to provide a step-by-step process about how to properly flush your unit. We have a 16 step process to ensure that you execute this properly and quickly. And the professionals at Fox Plumbing & Heating are always here with tips should you have any further questions about your tankless water heater.
Step-By-Step Guide to Flushing Your Tankless Water Heater:
- Disconnect Power
- Turn Gas Off
- Connect Pump Outlet Hose to Cold Water
- Connect Pump Outlet Hose to Hot Water Side and Discharge into a Bucket
- Pour Approx. 4 Gallons of Food Grade Vinegar Into the Bucket
- Install Your Pump Pick-Up Hose Into the Bucket
- Open Both Service Valves
- Operate the Pump for Approx. 45 Minutes with the Vinegar Cleaning Solution
- Turn Off the Pump and Isolate the Service Valves
- Disconnect the Incoming Hose
- Flush the Vinegar Out of the Unit
- Remove Both Hoses
- Remove the Screen and Clear It of Debris
- Restore Water to the Unit
- Restore Gas Valve to the Unit
- Restore Power to the Unit
If you’ve been considering purchasing a tankless water heater but not sure what to go with then let us give you a few things to consider before purchasing one of these huge money savers. A tankless water heater can save you around 40% in your annual water heating costs. They cost, on average, between $3,000 to $7,000 dollars with installation. When you look to buy one from a local vendor know that you need to be aware of the venting and gas size. If you try to install a tankless water heater on your own then you could void the warranty if it isn’t up to code. Finally, less expensive models may not be the right size for your personal needs.
If you’re looking for a way to save money and get the most from your water heating needs then please contact a local plumber to help you make the right decision.
Submit your review